This will inherently be different for each company, based on what their needs and wants, and can include a risk indexing tool used to identify emerging issues. With this tool, we can base our services off of a report, which will allow extreme specificity in intervention. Options for interventions include:
- workstation and job-based movement analysis
- specific stretching and/or strengthening exercises
- movement-based protocols based on their specific work requirements
For example, administrative workers have different needs and requirements than the box loaders and maintenance workers in a factory. Massage therapy will also be utilized, which can be provided on a preventative, first aid basis based on current OSHA definitions. This, combined with movement has proven extremely effective in reducing MSK injury and pain and improving wellness.
There is also the option for traditional physical therapy and personal training services on site, as statistics demonstrate 7% of any population requires rehabilitation services. Providing these services on site improves performance because of time saved for travel to/from, in addition to a quality and convenient service to improve employee wellness.
- We analyze and assess your workforce for MSK pain.
- We track, identify and work with the employer to reduce pain before it becomes a financial burden due to the employee and employer paying into the healthcare system.
- We identify the problem areas (and emerging problem areas) including by department, shift and body part
- We create solutions
- Early identification & intervention are reliable and cost effective strategies to save money and improve performance
Our strategies include:
- Functional job descriptions – Objectively knowing your work demands.
- Fitting worker capacity to work demands.
- On-site industrial programming – working on site to provide customized programs
- Ergonomics – Maximizing the work environment for safe movement.
- Job analysis – Identifying where injury risks lie.
- First aid intervention/counseling – Implementing employee individualized plans compliant with recording requirements.
- Wellness programming – Knowing it’s about the outcome.
- Health Risk Assessments – Efficiently identifying risk and attaining goals to lower it.
- Providing rehabilitation services
A successful business’s most valuable asset is its employees, as they make strategy, innovation, production, growth, and profitability happen. Hard working people, like equipment, physically wear down over time, and like any equipment require investment and maintenance. Traditionally, this often requires expensive medical services, as well as lost time and productivity
We have a different model. We work directly with companies to provide service that is based on what the employee needs in order to work with less pain and minimize the number of medical claims.We seek to eliminate third-party payers (insurance) from our equation and provide services directly to the business at a better margin for both parties.
Companies pay an average of 17% administration fee to insurance companies to administer coverage, how about spending that money on direct care of the employees instead?
- An injured and unproductive workforce is a major drain on a company’s profitability due to temporary staff, additional management needs, possible overtime, etc..
- From 1988-2008, medical costs increased from 46% to 59% of total workers compensation losses.
- The average medical cost per lost-time claim increased 300% from $8,500 to $26,000, about 7-8% annually (twice the consumer price index).
- Medical costs have increased more in workers compensation
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) are second only to upper respiratory infections in primary care offices.ur Workplace Solutions will help to prevent them.
- MSDs represent 60% of injuries in the workplace and are preventable.
- Employers ultimately pay the healthcare bills for injured workers due to decreased productivity, increased medical claims, and higher insurance premiums.
*sources from OSHA website and The Grassroots Healthcare Revolution by John Torinus
There is a different way, and REAL Workplace Solutions can assist companies to save money and improve performance and comfort.